Tuesday 30 January 2018

Artist Statement



I am on a journey of exploration, seeking answers to my deepest emotions and thoughts. My emotions are triggered by the politics and the existence we live, as we trudge through everyday life, poverty, war, human cruelty, the voids left by those who pass, voids left by those who loved and those who didn’t. Each work starts with a sense of loss, a sense of anger and a guilt, a guilt I don't understand, I look from the outside in ? a spectator ? a judge ? a hypocrite ? collecting found images, sound and objects, exploring, by layering, overpainting, creating accidents, creating a chaos to project as a painting, a sound, an installation, a video. 
The embryo for my work can be a single image, a poem, a song, a book, a news story, a political narrative, an emotion born from a personal experience. I look into an image and see pain, feel and hear the sadness of poverty, class bias, the angst of austerity.  
I am intrigued and motivated by exploring the accident of all media, the clash of the drip on realism, the pattern of order over the poverty of chaos, the voice of grief, the oppressed and the oppressor, the void of the discarded object mixed with the aftermath, the results of a profit driven, spectacle existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Works 2020

From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and encaustic wax on board. A3 From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and enc...