Thursday 21 August 2014

notes on the Summer project

Lonely Woman inspired by these 2 photos

Lonely Woman is Katherine Wallis, my maternal gran. This according to my mother was taken sometime in the 40's in Cornwall, around about the time my gran had remarried

4 generations 

Old Soldier inspiration drawn from this old shot, its the only photo I have of my paternal grand parents. The expression on my grand fathers face is how I remember him, giving nothing away


 This photo combined with images from the Burma campaign and a map of the region as it was during the WW2. I have used highly pix-elated images in the actual piece to distort and not usually a benifit but on this occasion it was, my printer ran low on ink and printed every image in red, it gives the piece a blood soaked tint.













David Drowning In Grief

Inspired by a difficult time in our relationship, a time since David's mum past away, a photo taken at the end of that difficult time combined and mixed with an image of metal foil, a cold exterior, a reflective material that also gives the piece a look of liquid







No comments:

Post a Comment

New Works 2020

From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and encaustic wax on board. A3 From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and enc...