Thursday 26 July 2018

Canaletto

Canaletto 1697-1768

Museo Di Roma - Palazzo Braschi

10th July 2018

This exhibition is the one exhibition that has effected me the most, in a positive way, seeing this painter's genius with colour and accuracy has concentrated my mine on being a bit more conscious of realism, which perhaps may be seen in the few sketches I have produced during my stay at the BSR (see BSR page on this blog).
I even set the alarms off getting too close to the work...oops. Here are a few images from the exhibition, 





I was fascinated by the characters that inhabited the paintings, the beggars, the dogs, the nobles, the fluttering cloth. Canaletto painted onto media primed with red to create the luminosity prevalent in his work, I have started experimenting with sketches using red watercolour on cartridge paper, I will see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Works 2020

From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and encaustic wax on board. A3 From the Poison of Empire series, collage, acrylic and enc...